Mustang Makeover Challenge

Kristina and Bella-Sierra placed 23rd overall in the 2009 Midwest Mustang Challenge.

Now follow Kristina and Dont SKip Cody on their Journey to the Eastern States Mustang Makeover Stampede in Murfeesburo, TN in October.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day Five

January 13, 2009

My husband Michael, Sister in law Becky, Friend Amanda and I met out at Mistee Oaks yesterday afternoon. I set myself an unrealistic goal of getting her halter on her. The horses were in the indoor so I had to work with her in her stall.

Once in the stall with her I worked on moving her forward and changing directions with my body. Sierra is definately a quick study- as she had it down in no time.

I did have her halter in my hand so that she would get used to me bringing misc items into her stall and around her. I was also able to walk about a foot away from her and put my hand out as if to touch her. She handled this very well- of coarse until my finger graized the very end of one of her hairs and she had what I call a "mini meltdown" and I was not able to get closer than 2 feet from her and that is okay.

She is definately herd bound and I feel bad for her because she seems so lonely without Tomas' mustang Luna around. I turned her outide for a little bit and she ran right to the arena window to talk to the horses that were in there.

I definately need to figure out a way to keep her with other horses - maybe keep her in the roundpen in the arena for a bit.

Until later!
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment